RSS

What Do You Do To Keep Your Dreams Going?

Filed Under: Labels:
There are a lot of things in life that you just gotta do in order to fulfill your real passions and most of the obligations are not easy to submit to. (Ex. wear shoes, shower, don't spit at hookers, etc.)

Did I just sound like your nagging mother? Sorry about that. I just got out of a long day of work and sometimes you just gotta reflect and mope a little to make things easier.

You see, I love music. I just absolutely love it. There are many out there who consider music to merely exist in the background of their lives. They ride in the car, shop in the mall, and dine out while low-volume tunes whisper in the atmosphere.

Just a side note, I was out to eat with somebody once and a song by The Beatles came on and they said "Who's this?" I haven't talked to them since.

Anyway...

I'm the complete opposite. The only thing that exists timelessly to me is music. You really need to sit and think about it for a moment. Really, just think about it.

You can do your normal things in life and create a bunch of awesome memories. Those will be cherished until the day you die. That's fantastic.

I have normal activities just like anyone else, but I also create music... and that music will cherish my memories forever.

Or until the downfall of the internet.

That's just my take on the subject. It's almost like a piece of me has the gift of immortality. I like the idea of that since I, myself, am not immortal.

However, in order for me to have nice equipment to record and play with, to have time to lay down tracks, and the know-how to get those things done, I have to have a job and I have to work hard.

Now, there may have been a chance that by moving away to California and trying to create a band there that I could have had maybe a shot at being the touring musician that I always strived to be, but I've come to the realization that there are other ways of having a presence in the music industry...

and I'm gonna let those ride for awhile.

So, to answer my own question of "What do you do to keep your dreams going?"...

I am a software engineer.

Yep, I went to college, changed my major twice in the process, and came out a big ol' computer nerd. Seriously, I've written a model view controller application that can query data from a database over a network and use that data to display three PDF file reports in a web browser of employee hours for a particular job. Simultaneously.

Booyah! Jealous?

And that's my job. I still enjoy my work and it allows me to keep creating and sharing music.

I realized that this post seems to be more of a rant than some of my others, but hey, I'm not going to be all composed and trim every time that I speak to the public, otherwise when I'm 35, I'll be running for President

And I better see everyone voting for me!

But hey, I want to throw the ball over to you now. What is it that YOU do in order to keep your hobbies or your true passion alive? I've heard quite a few gripes from people so here's your chance to get some sympathy.

Leave your response in a comment :]

| edit post

0 Responses to "What Do You Do To Keep Your Dreams Going?"