RSS

New Song "Falling Asleep" w/ Guest Vocals

Filed Under: Labels: , ,


When you have projects and things that you're really proud of, it's fun to get your friends involved. And then if they screw it up, you can pretend like everything is fine, completely erase their tracks in the recording, and spit in their food the next time you see them.

I kid. I kid. But I have definitely thought about getting some of my other musical and non-musical buds involved with my HonestKyle tunes since it started as a small project. I thought that giving my friend Pat a few voices on my gang vocal tracks would be a good place to start since he's "enthusiastic" and he lives a stone's throw away.

The tune that Pat put a few of his grunts and yells on is "Falling Asleep" which is available for listening right this very moment at my ReverbNation, Facebook (Click on the "My Band" tab), Myspace, or even by just clicking the player in this blog. Boo ya!

You'll hear him shouting and growling on the words "Go!" and "Can't stop this!" And just to warn my other nearby buds, I might be calling you next to help with future gang vocals like:

"Yea!" and "Let's Go!"

Other classics include:

"Come oooon!", "This time!", and "Hey!"

"Falling Asleep" is kind of an interesting creation that really makes me marvel in the mysteriousness of musical composition. Look at my big words.

What I'm talking about is how different something can seem in your head as compared to when it's actually laid out and recorded to a track and that's what caused me to make a substantial change to this tune halfway through the drum-tracking process.

This leads me to a fun little factoid about this tune:

You know the section near the middle where I sing "I feel like dosing off... but I've formed an obsession. I keep myself from falling asleep... when I imagine you here laying with me."

That was actually going to be the chorus. Hence where the title of the song came from.

But when it came time to record the drums, and I had my scratch guitar track going along with it, I was just blown away by the "You grabbed my hips..." section and rewrote the ending to accommodate.

Music is like spinning a lit bottle rocket. It's unpredictable, and it makes people move.

| edit post

0 Responses to "New Song "Falling Asleep" w/ Guest Vocals"