RSS

4th of July, "Airplanes" Cover, Let All Prevail, and Contest?

Filed Under: Labels: , ,
I hope that everyone had a very fun and safe 4th of July! I know that I sure did. I always enjoy it when my sister and her fiance, Nick, come into town from Baltimore, MD.
And if you’ve been to NF around the 4th of July, you’ll know that the biggest thing in town is the 4th of July carnival that we host down at our public city park. Honestly, there isn’t that much to do there besides walk around, but the major sites include a betting tent, a beer tent, and the wonderful, fattening, horrible-for-you carnival food!

The betting tent is super sweet. You can lay down a minimum of a quarter/max a dollar on some sort of number, then they spin a giant wheel and if the wheel lands on your number, you win whatever you put down. Pretty chill?

I slapped down an entire $1 bill and won that shit. I know what you’re thinking. “Kyle, how can you be so careless with such large denominations of bills?! I never heard of such badassness before!”

I just live on the wild side of life I guess.

Just a word to the wise: If you have the opportunity to share an Apple Dumpling with someone at the fair, do that. Those things are way too big. My fiance and I found that out for ourselves.

But all of that was a great get-away from the business of my job and music for a bit, but I really miss working on my HonestKyle music and I’m hoping that I can get back into the groove of things very quickly because I haven’t had much time to lay down any more tracks on my cover of “Airplanes”!

I’m at the point where I just have the vocals left. Now, this is probably going to be one of the most difficult vocal tracks to lay down only because I’ve never turned a rap into singing parts before. So... I pretty much know what kind of shenanigans I’m getting myself into.

However, it’s the weekend once again. That means anything goes. And damn it, I’m gonna get more of this done, because I want to offer this song for free for everyone to download immediately!

Plus, I’m using some new mixing techniques that have caused me to even rethink what I’ve already done. (“Way With Words”, “Falling Asleep”, and “Realizing the Betrayer”)

Needless to say, I’m really excited for everyone to hear the finished product when it’s done, and I’m glad that I’m able to give this song away for free. It’ll probably be required for people to sign up on my e-mail list is all.

Regarding Let All Prevail...

For those that don’t know, I used to be a part of this Power Pop/Happy Hardcore band called Let All Prevail about three years ago before I joined Wake the Lion. I played the keyboard and took the lead vocal responsibilities.

It was a fun time, but shortly after the release of our second full-length album, we disbanded.

The rhythm guitarist, Payson, and myself were the only ones to continue playing regularly with new musical endeavors, but our lead guitarist, John, had itched for another final show since things stopped so abruptly before.

So...

Three years later, John contacts us and says, “I’m gay! I’m coming out of the closet!” I of course responded with “John, I’m so glad you’re finally honest with us!”

He then continued and said “Guys, we should have a reunion show before I go to grad school.” We said “*Sigh*...fine.”

But really, we’re psyched for it.

Now, our original plan was to have a show at the Newton Falls Community Center at the end of July so that everyone who’s home for the summer would be able to attend, BUT, we couldn’t snag the date that we wanted and so the show has been pushed to the end of August.

August 28th to be exact.

This show will feature a couple local pop rock bands called Steal the Spotlight and Chasing October, along with our metal friends Aldous, and a couple short performances between sets by our good friends in Gossip and Print.

As of right now, the show will start at 7pm and pre-sale tickets (not available yet) are $3 while tickets at the door will be $5. We’ll have all of our merchandise up for sale with possibly a new custom shirt design.

PLUS...

A portion of every single ticket sold will be donated to help the oil cleanup effort in the gulf. We might also incorporate this into our merch sales as well.

I don’t want to get all political on your here, but BP... they suck. Moving on!

All of you best be watching your Facebooks to ensure that you don’t miss any of the juicy details about this show because with all of the marketing and promotion we’ll be implementing, we’re fairly certain that this will be one of the largest, IF NOT THE LARGEST, single stage shows in the area.

And please, if you’re not interested in the show, consider coming just to make a donation to the oil cleanup effort. Any little bit helps.

If you noticed, I mentioned something about a contest in the title of this post. What could this be about, you might ask? Well, it’s a chance for you to get involved, get your name in the credits of the album, and to get a witty idea in the album itself!

And I’m just going to leave you hanging there haha.

Sorry, but I don’t want to implement this contest just yet, BUT if you want to be considered for it, I advise you to sign up for the e-mail list to ensure that you can participate fully.

A lot of exciting things are going to be happening over the next month, so keeping watching Facebook, Myspace, and this blog for more updates! Have a great weekend everyone!

Your buddy,
Kyle








| edit post

0 Responses to "4th of July, "Airplanes" Cover, Let All Prevail, and Contest?"