RSS

My Blog Is Moving To Wordpress!

Filed Under:
My homesite (this blog), I think has been going strong for the past few months, don't you? I really try to take practical steps towards marketing my music and that's why I got the semi-professional-looking logo up top, the glassy social network buttons on the side, and even a few album reviews that you can check out from the link in the top navigation.

However, most of these things, I actually had to do by hand with some custom HTML elbow grease.

And I really don't enjoy doing things that way when I don't have to.

Recently, I've been setting up a few blogs, for other reasons, using the WordPress platform, and I have to say that things are a heck of a lot easier over there!

I'm actually a software developer/engineer as my real full-time job so doing things with code isn't all that stressful for me. But it's kind of like, if you cook hot dogs all day long, do you want to go home and grill up some more wieners for dinner?

I wouldn't. I'm not bashing hot dogs though. I actually happen to like hot dogs and I did work at a hot dog restaurant for close to eight months. There's a fun little nugget for ya.

But I really like the WordPress blogging platform and I would encourage anyone that's thinking about getting into blogging to try this out and see what you think.

This blog is currently hosted by Blogger and I don't know if you're aware, but Blogger is owned by Google, yet, I'm quite confused as to why they're not totally dominating the blogging world since that seems to be what Google is best at. Dominating everything.

Speaking of Google, did you hear that they actually invented a car that can drive itself? No joke. I haven't looked this up yet, but my dad said that he saw a video of this self-driven thing weaving in and out of traffic.

I wonder how they programmed that thing to deal with road rage? A metal hand slowly rises up past the bottom edge of the window with its middle finger extended...

Then maybe it weaves around to the back of the other guy and latches onto the bumper for ten miles or so and finishes by using its loud-speaker system to scream offensive racial slurs when they pull into their parking spot.

Frickin' awesome.

I just want to let you know at this point that by moving my blog over to WordPress, the domain name won't be changing. I'm taking www.honestkyle.com along with it so you'll still know where to find me.

But I'll more than likely do another theme change on this guy and give it some more pizazz.

Have a great day everyone, and let me know if you have any more information on that Google whip!

Honest(Kyle)

| edit post

0 Responses to "My Blog Is Moving To Wordpress!"